Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm so tired of crawling but I'm out on the road again

High five to me! My morning and evening commutes were riddled with rain and traffic and I maintained an even, calm, and alert demeanor throughout. There were no vocal outbursts ("Oh, great! Here we go again. Too many people in the world!"), there was no tension. Man, I am proud of myself. Sounds like I'm joking, but I am not. If you drive, you know it ain't easy to be cool as ice.

I've been practicing new techniques at guiding my thoughts, steering them closer to the positive and resourceful and away from negativity and fear and yuck. It really is true that when you change the way you look at something, what you look at changes (I paraphrase the great Wayne Dyer). We stress the negative too often in our culture and it hasn't been a quick process shedding it all from my being. That's ok, these things can take time.

I realized I lacked congruity in my thoughts. If something good happened, I'd be pleased, but then I'd wait for something bad to happen. I was not born with that mentality. Got to shed all that accrued nonsense. Anyway, stuff like that has been going on with me. What else? Oh, I hardly ever snack anymore; pretty much the only food intake has been from meals. I'm okay with this development. It's gone well with the more challenging and sometimes near-ecstatic yoga sessions. Next time you see me, I might be as toned and flexible as a pretzel that works out and is not a pretzel but human, like me.

Had an interesting law of attraction experience the other day while walking through the Fells with Spira and everyone's favorite greyhound, Missy D, but I'm not sure I should discuss it. Anyway, if it pans out, it will be a fucking cool story to tell.

All is bliss.....all is bliss.

Alright, I'll talk to y'all later. But first I'll leave you with a joke.

What's E.T. short for?

He's got little, stubbly legs.

No comments: