Monday, June 3, 2013

Do you remember Walter smoking cigarettes behind the garden gate?

Oh, Monday, you weren't so bad. You started off being a bit of a prick with the rain and gifting me with a trip to Worcester for work, but none of it was so bad. The trip ate up a chunk of the day and the weather improved. I monitored my thoughts and emotions and kept everything in check. Back at home, I had a vigorous and sweaty yoga session. I immersed myself into the poses and experienced the real reason we bend our bodies into these positions: mindfulness. When you're focused on every part of the body at once, everything else slips away. Mindfulness. Presence. Bliss. And following yoga was a nice replenishing meal that consisted of tuna fish, chia seeds, kielbasa, greens, tomatoes, and a couple of other super ingredients I'm not at liberty to discuss. Monsanto may come a hunting.

The weekend wasn't too shabby. I stayed at Janelle's on Thursday and we met up with Mark the following morning and headed down to the Cape to attend Craig's mother's funeral. It was great being amongst friends, but I would have preferred it to be under different circumstances. It was a hot day, the whole weekend was hot, and I'm happy Mark had a/c in his car because the traffic laden ride home would have been a hell of a lot rougher without it.

On Saturday, Spira, Pam, and I spent the day at the Museum of Fine Arts. We checked out the bad ass samurai exhibit.

I'm a big fan of feudal Japan, particularly the samurai culture, and by big fan I mean I love samurai movies and literature. I'm hardly a historian, but whatever. Leave me alone about it. Anyway, the artistry that went into the suits of armor and everything else was impressive. After the samurai exhibit we ate lunch out in the courtyard and once fortified, we checked out some Michelangelo, John Singer Sargent, some Copley, some Picasso, and some contemporary stuff too. We stayed until they kicked us out.

Off to work on some music. Still plugging away at lyrics, but there has been progress. And the more I've been working that muscle, the stronger it's becoming.

Peace out!

No comments: