Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thinking about what a friend had said, I was hoping it was a lie

A weird night of sleep. I woke up at least twice throughout it, wrenched from whatever dream I was having by something, I don't know what exactly. Around four this morning, I was having a dream (very pleasant with good people about) that was disrupted by what I took to be cell phone feedback emanating loudly through my speakers. This most likely didn't happen because a) my cell phone is shielded nicely, son, and doesn't squawk and b) the sound cut off the very second my eyes opened. My first thought was "Not again". A few minutes later, I pieced together the recollection that I'd been awakened earlier in a similar manner. So what was going on? Damned if I know, but this type of thing has happened before. Beeps and blips have invaded my dreams periodically over the years. I suspect an outside influence. Anyway, as I say, a weird night of sleep, but, man, my dreams, despite not being able to recall them clearly, have been warm and pleasant and social. I'm hoping this is a case of joy passing through the subconscious on its way up.

Ok, I'm out this piece. Been busy, but I wanted to check in, let you know I still care. The week has been pretty nice, though it has contained the sad news of my friend's mother passing away. That marks three deaths in the last several months that have hit close to home. Just nature being nature, I suppose, but man does it make life a bitch!

Stallions, I'm gone. I'll be back and we'll discuss the fucking awesome film Stalker, the Samurai exhibit at the MFA that I plan on attending this weekend with Spira, and much, much more. The long weekend approaches. I am ready for it.

No comments: