Monday, May 6, 2013

And the fear has left you alone forever

Today could have been an ordeal, a real fucking asshole, but it wasn't. I was able to harness my thoughts before they could escalate into a cacophony of insistent contradictory yammering. Not wanting to revisit the things that were a drag, I'll sum it up by saying it was a red light kind of day. I thank meditation and yoga for keeping me even-keeled. Fuck despair, fuck debilitating thoughts - I repeated "Ram", the divine mantra, and got things correct. I faced the day like a champ. If you think otherwise, then you are obtuse, a dirty ape, an utter waste.

The weekend was fine. I spent Saturday with Janelle, Bill, and every one's favorite good time boy, Pooch Edward Bottoms. I was glad for the opportunity to get to know Bill better and see their new home in Andover. Janelle made Buddha bowls for dinner which, according to my math, were 100% delicious and 97% nutritious (3% was poison, I'm pretty sure). We drank beers; I had three. We'll make a drunk out of me yet.

Yesterday, I visited Spira at her studio as she shared her wares with the Open Studios crowd. I arrived before she did and spent an hour or so talking with Ethan, who has a room near Spira's, and his fiance, Lauren. A great conversation. We got deep into the psychology of art, schizophrenia, and we may have gossiped about you for a bit. Sorry.

Spira came in the room at one point and gave me a big hug and said she missed me. That warmed me all the way to my pure heart. I missed her too, even though I had seen her a week ago. Later in the day, along with Leah, we celebrated Greek Easter at the Greek Corner on Mass Ave. Spira payed for everything because me and Leah were broke asses. We ate a lot of yummy food. I can't tell you what we ate. And by can't I mean refuse to.

Well, I can see you're being all snooty now, so I'm out this mother fucker.

Peace, wookies.

No comments: