Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm singing this borrowed tune I took from the Rollling Stones

And then, after a triumphant day that found me overcoming obstacles and keeping wild tiger thoughts in check, dinner was prepared. I wasn't fucking around tonight, beautiful dreamers; I steamed some broccoli and cauliflower, boiled some jasmine rice, baked kale chips on one sheet and sweet potato chips on another (these two not part of supper festivities but to be eaten at a later triumphant date), sliced beets, stir fried turkey in sesame sauce. More might have been added, I just can't remember. Anyway, what I'm trying to tell you is that I made a healthy, tasty meal tonight that contained the above mentioned ingredients, save the kale and sweet potato.

I'm listening to Can's Tago Mago and I've been transported-accosted!-back to a fine summer week at the beach up in Biddeford, ME. I padded along sandbars golden and pink with sunset, with this album provoking me into a trance state. It's possible I smoked grass to enhance the experience. I believe I did this every day I was there. Fine days - peace, ocean air, my family (dad still among us), kayaking, Tago Mago, sun and shadow country lane runs with ocean on either side, books by the water. Not pure bliss, but in the same conversation.

There's more to say - there most always is - but I'd like to take some time to work on lyrics. As I've mentioned before, my movements in this regard have resembled those of a snail. Well, here's the deal: of the ten or so songs that need lyrics (there are plenty more than that but this is a manageable batch), only two have been chipped away at. They're almost complete. One is called Cotter's Run. "Naked, you run from Crow/That did for John Potts miles ago/Quarry, a game for braves/ Turned in on yourself in the night/ Bereft of fire light/You wait for morning to ignite" is how it begins. Historically speaking, if you don't know about Cotter's Run, I recommend you read up on it.You'll probably go watch Kitchen Nightmares instead like I just did (oh, Gordon, you're such a brute, but what a tender heart) So, yeah, I'll go write some lyrics. I may  plod, but dog gone it, I'm sticking with it.

The weekend cometh. I will attend Colleen's communion, meditate, practice yoga, read, socialize, whatevs. It shall be quite the weekend I predict.

In the meantime, I shall do other things like watch a movie. Could be The Usual Suspects, could be Raging Bull. or maybe Careful, perhaps the greatest movie ever made.

No comments: