Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tell me again my only son

Heading into Boston today. I had envisioned a day of reading and writing and lounging about, but Spira called and said "Boston, let us go to there", so that is what is going to happen. It's a good idea; the weather is fine, the birds are hopping through the air and singing their hymns, and Boston deserves some love after the events of last week (though if I hear "Boston Strong" again I'm going to punch my fist into a side of beef or into your gut - I get it, it's about unity, but it's also about marketing and beating an idea far, far, into the ground) So I'll go. I'm loosey-goosey today, open to ideas. Later, I'll come home and read from Humboldt's Gift (Saul Bellow, you can write, son!), and see about some music and shit.

I stayed up real late last night talking with Evangeline. I enjoy our conversations, which cover a multitude of topics, but they generally run long. Last night's was almost two hours. I bet Billy wouldn't even give her the time of day. What an insecure asshole.

Just had deja vu but it's murky and I'm not going to attempt to articulate it. Something about death? Uh oh. Well, if I die today, you heard it here first. You'll be able to tell everyone how creepy (and ultra sexy) my sense of foreboding was. Well, it's clear I won't die today because I just reverse jinxed the deja vu by broadcasting it's potential meaning. BTW, I realize I've stretched the meaning of deja vu here but whatever - I do what I want, when I want.

Cheers, Hobbits!

No comments: