Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm in tune and I'm going to tune right in on you

Matt moved in last weekend and it wasn't until Friday that I got to interact with him. That happens when you have opposing work schedules. So, on Friday when I came home from work with the intention of practicing yoga followed by a nourishing dinner, I finally ran into Matt, who walked in the door as I was about to lay the yoga mat down. We talked for about four hours straight.

The tendrils of our conversation covered  music, spirituality, conspiracy theories, and interpersonal dynamics. It was good getting to know him better. We have a bunch in common, but it will take more time to get a fuller sense of each other. I approached our interactions this weekend with a measure of caution; Matt is still a wild card in the same way I am to him. I guess what I'm trying to say is if my body is found mutilated beyond recognition, your first suspect should be Matt. Suspect two: my hordes of enemies.

It was a nice weekend, especially weather-wise. Spira and I took Missy D to Fresh Pond for a walk. We encountered a good assortment of dogs which, as you know, equals fun. Later, we hung out at Spira's and we listened to the effin awesome new Rufus Wainwright album and watched some Norm MacDonald, which Spira fell asleep to almost immediately. Me? I just sat there and laughed at the TV and hugged and kissed the beautiful Missy D. Big fan.

In other news, I'm in the middle of watching Tiny Furniture, which, so far, is an endearing movie. I'll finish watching it tonight. I'll also read from King's The Wind Through The Keyhole. Ah, I love me a good Stephen King tome. He can sure spin a yarn, that one. I'm considering embarking on a Dark Tower re-read. Doesn't matter that I've got other books that need reading; Gilead is calling and I've got to answer that call. Or not. I'll keep you posted because I'm positive you'll be chomping at the bit if I don't.

Watched a cool presentation about introverts on Ted Talks during which I nodded affirmatively and emphatically throughout. You should watch it if you've been made to feel like some sort of freak because you don't have to be around other humans every second of your life.



With that, I'm going to make like a tree and go masturbate.


No comments: