Sunday, January 29, 2012

You walk down Alameda, looking at the cracks in the sidewalk, thinking about your friends, how you maintain all them in a constant state of suspence

Another mild day weather-wise. So far this winter has been the exact opposite of last year's. We deserve it, I say. Earlier, I walked to the store wearing a t-shirt and a light jacket. Felt like late March. Holla!

Hung out with Kevin, his little girl Bella, and Spira last night. And, of course, Missy D was in attendance, twelve percent cuter than the last time I laid eyes on her. We had a good time. Near the end of the night, Bella told us a story entitled "She Lives With Me". It started off strong: Bella and Missy were hanging out and then something happened that involved Missy "powering up". Bella paused a moment and decided she could more clearly explain what happened next by conveying it in a picture. After sequestering herself with pen and paper for a few minutes, she presented us with the picture, which depicted her and Missy on the surface of what I assumed was the moon gazing at the earth. "Is that the moon you're on", I asked. "No", Bella replied, "It's called Bella's World. Bella and Missy's world."

And that was pretty much the end of the story. Kevin and Bella left soon after. Though the story was lacking a key ingredient, namely a plot, I was sold. Later on, driving home listening to Fairport Convention, I thought about purchasing the rights to "She Lives With Me" from Bella and turning it into a movie script. I've had worse ideas.

I'm listening to an artist named Teebs as I type. If you enjoy electronic music that snaps, crackles, and pops like hazy childhood summers, then I suggest you check it out. Serves as a great elixir for the winter doldrums.

Books I've been reading: 1. A Course In Miracles 2. Jordan's The Shadow Rising 3. The Tao of Pooh (A bathroom read) 4. Patti Smith's Just Kids (Love her writing style. My boss, Jeff, let me borrow it.) 5. Kurzweil's The Singularity Is Near 6. Sagan's Cosmos (Arrived in the mail yesterday in pristine condition. I paid only a few dollars for it and expected it to be rather worn. I've been knee deep in it. Safe to say it's blowing my mind). I used to read one book at a time, but over the last several years I've modified my habits. Makes sense to me, bouncing between books. I do it with music, TV shows, and movies.

Maybe a shower is in order. Perhaps a lit candle along with some music to accompany it. Sounds like a plan. I always enjoy a good soak.

Auf Wiedersehen, bitches!

No comments: