Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you

I'm waiting for rice to cook. I don't get why it either takes a minute or forty five minutes. What's with the gap? Maybe it's a metaphor for our current cultural climate (say that ten times fast). I will have to ponder that, but will leave it for another time. Oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm going to add tofu, spinach, and corn to the rice. There may be some feta cheese, marinated red pepper added to to the mix. Perhaps some pork, despite the crummy tummy* it gave me.

I discovered Downton Abbey the other night. The show, not the place (which doesn't even exist, I've read). I've watched two episodes and am enjoying it thoroughly. Why? Because so far A) It's telling a great story in masterful way B) The acting is well above average and C) The historical context is fascinating (1912, I believe). As I watch, visions of Mad Men and Deadwood crop up. Still early to tell, but the signs are pointing to greatness.

Speaking of greatness, I watched Chop Shop the other night. You can read about it here. It's streaming on Netflix.

A rainy day with a little snow mixed in. The middle of January and still no significant snowfall. I know it's coming, but I'm happy with the way things have been going so far. We deserve it after the unrelenting and often brutal snow storms we had last year.

Ok, I'm out of here. By the way, I've already eaten dinner. It was delicious. I sauteed some onions, sweet potato, tofu, spinach, and sliced oil-cured olives. I added that to some rice, sprinkled some feta cheese on top and then commenced to eating. So tasty. I bet you want some.

Heard the new Van Halen song yesterday. Tattoo, I believe it's called. It's ok, but I didn't expect something equal to "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" or "Mean Streets". I say I heard the song, but what really happened was I watched the video. I confess to laughing throughout it but not because of the song. I imagined I was watching a new band. Could this band of old men and a boy barely out of high school achieve mainstream popularity. No fucking way. The song is too weak and people like their rock stars to be young. I think I would be a fan, though, if for no other reason because of the strange dynamics. Anyway, I used to be a huge fan of Van Halen when I was growing up, but I don't really care much about what they're up to these days.

But I do care about what you're up to. Tell me everything, including the secrets you've kept hidden away. I will release you from that burden. Ah, you won't tell me nuttin'.

Whatever. I'm out this piece.

No comments: