Thursday, May 21, 2009

True love aint too hard to see

Watched the last episode of The Wire last night, and when it was over, I felt empty with the finality of it. No new episodes. Ever. Brilliant show; the quality never waned. Not once. I'm going to trade a bunch of stuff in at Newbury Comics and plan on picking up the first season or two. This a show to own, my friends.

Fighting the doldrums, those nearly indefinable, pressing doldrums, all week. I tell myself they are just passing through. And so they are, so they are.

I was reading up on Lars Von Trier's controversial new film, Antichrist, and his notion that Satan doesn't just inhabit the world, he created it. I could see it being that way, with all the violence, poverty, and desperation that runs prevalent from sea to fucking shining sea. But, being pure of heart and wise beyond measure, I acknowledged that my less than rosy disposition may have influenced my frame of mind. Right now, as I sit pure-hearted and clear, I believe there are a lot of fine people walking this earth that Satan, with all his tricks, couldn't corrupt.

With Ann gone, I'm taking on more work. I like it. It keeps me busy, and I'm finding the new aspects of the job stimulating and challenging. Not overwhelming, which is always nice. Nope, just whelming, I guess.

Pictures of Ann have been tacked up all over the place. There's one on the cork board above the scanner I use a lot. It's positioned at eye level, so every time I scan, I do so under Ann's gaze. It's kind of weird, but also kind of nice. Sometimes I catch myself looking at her picture a little too long and hope no one has seen me.

So, yeah, Ann is plastered all over the office. I think Therese is the one responsible for this. She misses her.

So do I.

No comments: