Monday, May 11, 2009

I can hear you say, that the world in black, is upon your back.

Listening to St. Vincent and it's so fresh, so creative, so...listenable. Check her out, this young woman from Texas. Maybe I'm late to the game and you've heard about her already. If not, I suggest you remedy that situation.

A decent day for a Monday, but it had its sour moments. Periodically, I was struck by the thought of how poor I am. It sucks, but I wasn't in the mood to deflate into a weakened state. I told myself I'd be okay, that I'd find my way to a better career and financial security. And, perhaps unwisely, I believed every word.

Big Baby with the buzzer beater last night! It was delightful. I especially enjoyed his post-shot reaction, when he charged past the Orlando bench with a crazed look on his face and pushed a little kid out of his way (Just read that the kid's father is demanding an apology from Big Baby. Give me a break. Baby should have taken it further, if you ask me. A lash across the face with a bull whip would have sufficed. Unfortunately, players aren't allowed to carry weapons.) I loved when, right after the shot, the camera cut to Dwight Howard and the sour puss look on his face. It made me smile.

I'm jonesing for The Wire. I wished I had timed the rentals better so that I wouldn't have had to wait at least two days before my discs arrive. When I'm done with season five, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be watching the show again, starting with the first season.

Had a satisfying yoga session after work. I was able to clear my mind throughout most of it and my motions felt more fluid, with a greater elasticity than usual. I like seeing improvements.

Lately, I've been feeling as if someone has been dosing my meals with Viagara. Not toting a constant erection, but the libido is asserting itself. It's probably because it's spring and everywhere I look, especially when I run, there are beautiful women everywhere. All shapes and sizes, excluding, of course, the morbidly obese and dangerously skeletal. There are other exclusions, like I'd prefer it if she had a face, but I'm comfortable with the belief that my tastes are well rounded.

Just about finished McCarthy's Suttree -- it's been my lunch book -- and Ruckley's Bloodheir. The stories and the writing are worlds apart, but I'm enjoying them both very much.

In line at the grocery store after work, I saw the girl with the hair in the aisle next to me. She's someone I used to see a lot when I ran my Summer St. route last year. Every time I saw her, I was drawn to her hair. It's brown, thick and wavy. She's pretty otherwise, but, man, she's got a nice head of hair. When I saw her tonight, I stared at her head for as long as I could and visualized combing my hands through her hair. I bet she's used to that kind of attention, which makes me feel a little less creepy. Only a little less, though.

I may have said too much.

No comments: