Saturday, May 2, 2009

California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu starbright, the song remains the same

Aside from a stupid argument with Spira that ended with her hanging up on me, this has been shaping up to be a good weekend.

Had a great run yesterday. I had just been hung up on and used the experience to burn off some steam. I was a little concerned my knee would act up like it had near the end of my last couple of runs. Nothing debilitating -- more annoying than anything -- but something to monitor, nonetheless. Yesterday, though, I made it all the way through with a strong knee.

At different intervals, Kreg and Mara came by the house last night. Mara to pick up a drill and Kreg to pick up..... ah....anyway, it was good to see them, though Mara's visit was brief. Kreg and I discussed the cast of characters on WEEI and the evil Jay Severin, who, I found out today, has been suspended indefinitely. Poor fella. A shame, because I was gearing up to be one of his best and brightest.

The C's just played the first half of game seven and tore it up at the end of it. The bench had come alive and brought the ruckus to the suddenly hapless Bulls. What a series! This game is far from over, but there's something about the swagger of the C's tonight that leads me to believe they're going to take this game. And if they don't, they won't give it away easily. It's been that kind of series.

The Bruins looked great in their victory over Carolina last night. I've been impressed with their discipline and depth. I see them going to the finals.

Woke up kind of crabby, probably because I didn't get much sleep. I visited my parents and helped my dad set up a TV stand and install two air conditioners. We had pizza and calzone for lunch and then I showed my mom how to use their universal remote. The written and oral instructions I gave them a few weeks ago evidently didn't stick.

It was a nice visit. I hadn't seen them in a while and I think they were as happy to see me as I was to see them. My dad told me about all the projects and chores my mother has lined up for him. "And to think she's going to retire soon", he said. "With all that time on her hands, she's going to overload me. I've already threatened her with divorce if she doesn't come up with a hobby other than bossing me around." Poor dad. He's in for it, I'm afraid.

The officiating in this game stinks. Maybe I'm a homer, but there have been some horrible calls against the Celtics. I wish we had the same officiating crew from game six. These guys tonight are bums.

Finally got a new dvd player to replace my broken one. I stopped over at Walmart after leaving my parent's house and quickly found a nice small one for less than thirty smackers. Glad they're inexpensive these days.

Brad Miller just took out Rondo. I fucking hate that man! That's ok, Rondo will make him look silly in future plays.

Alright, what am I doing writing when I should be focusing on the game?

No comments: