Friday, March 27, 2015

You've got no business questioning a thing

It is Friday and I'm grateful the weekend is here. Not a bad week, necessarily, but it was a mixed bag. Got my new iPhone and....fuck, I don't want to relive the bullshit so I'll just say it was a comedy of errors getting it activated. Took a couple of days and hours dealing with (mostly) incompetent customer service reps. I love the phone and it is galaxies better than my last one which was an asshole prick that I paid too much to use. And, I've got too admit, I started feeling slightly embarrassed being the only one around with a piece of shit relic. Not so much because of status, but because it was a real inconvenience for others to deal with as well. Onward and upward.

I also got to throw six hundred smackers into my car this week. I went in for an oil change and they told me my exhaust pipe was leaking and would soon fall off. Well, I had to get 'er done, to quote Sir Larry, The Cable Guy. I wasn't too thrown off because I was planning on spending around that much for new brakes, which, as it happens, I was told I didn't need (I do need new tires, though, but that is not a pressing matter). My car has been nice to me. I've been trying to thank it every time it brings me somewhere; gratitude is a powerful undernourished resource in our society and consequently I have to be diligent about keeping it at the forefront of my mind.  Lessons everywhere if you have eyes to see them. My vision needs work, but it is improving.

Listening to a lot of Death Grips, getting deeper into my yoga and meditation practices, finishing up two new songs I like quite a bit, and getting ready to head to Craig's house on the Cape of Cod, where an all-star lineup of my macho guy friends will make merry in a variety of ways excluding amorous physical expression (well, at least speaking for myself; who knows what the others have planned)..

Alright, I will henceforth move onward to different, sexy, and totally rad things.

Smell you later, motherfuckers.


No comments: