Sunday, March 15, 2015

Once my heart was filled with the love of a girl, I held her close but she faded in the night

Various parts of my body feel sore this morning (ribs, left Achilles tendon, right hamstring, upper arms). This is a product of Friday's yoga session, which focused heavily on the upper body. So there's your arm soreness. The leg soreness is probably the result of cobra or overdoing down dog - who knows. This type of thing happens to everyone who maintains a regular yoga practice. I'll take it a bit easier with today's session if need be.

I've been eating Scottish oatmeal for breakfast. I add almond milk, sliced banana, coconut, honey, and cacao powder. Tasty and healthy. And, my dear children, it leaves me feeling satisfied for a long while; I don't start feeling hungry until well into the day. Beats the insulting my body with egg bagel sandwiches or some other fast food breakfast bullshit. Yes, I'm aware that bullshit is tasty -of course it is - but the risks outweigh the rewards.

Had a productive band practice yesterday. We went over some older material and tried out some new stuff. Even though it was only Pat's second appearance with us, the cohesion was evident. It's entirely gratifying having a band again. We've got something special here. I'm looking forward to playing out. We're going to bring the ruckus.

Evangeline is moving out in May. Kind of expected it after she lost her job last month. She's going to take some summer classes in Chicago. She's been a great roommate for the most part; it'll suck a bit seeing her go, but I'm happy for her. So the roommate search will soon begin.

The new Death Grips album is slated to drop today. Based on the one track I heard, I'm excited to hear it. Say what you want about digital media, but nothing beats being able to purchase a new record without having to get dressed and drive to a music store (if you can find one) and hope they have what you're looking for. If they do, you'll be paying more than what you'd pay for a digital download.

Granted, there is a certain appeal to hanging out at a store and browsing, but it's really not that different than doing the same thing online, where your browsing can take you much further than at a store. So fuck browsing at a store. Now, if you're talking about going to an indie record shop where you can talk to the staff and get recommendations and hang out in a cool environment, well, that experience can't really be substituted.  To that end, when I have some F You money I plan on purchasing a turntable and visiting some some local record stores.

Anyway

Cheers & Jeers

Cheers

The Fall. Great show and Gillian Anderson's acting is some of the best I've seen. She should win every award


Cheers

The Big Three project. I've gushed over this before, but I'm going to do it again. Because it's so layered and spans decades, it's not an easy thing explaining it to people. I won't even try, but if you're interested in comedy, you shouldn't overlook The Big Three.

Jeers

St. Patrick's Day. Not so much the holiday itself, but what it represents to people. As if people needed an excuse to get shit faced drunk and make complete asses out of themselves. Fuck the parades, fuck the bars. I hate being around drunks.

Cheers

Cannabis!  I'm overjoyed that it's becoming more acceptable in our society. It's about time. For too long it's been equated with hard drugs and derelict behavior. People are waking up to its welter of benefits.

Jeers

Winter. No explanation needed.


Alright, lads and lasses, time to go. Going to Spira's to hang out with Missy D while she's at yoga teacher training. I have a feeling I'll be lavishing Missy D with affection.

Toods!

No comments: