Saturday, March 21, 2015

A heart of ice is easily melted, a heart of stone is easily thrown away

We've had two days of Spring and it has snowed during each of them. That's all I'm going to say on the topic because there's no use getting bothered by something beyond my control. And it's important to me that I minimize the things I let bother me. So enough talk of this fucking shitty perpetual winter.

The new Death Grips album, Jenny Death, is fucking amazing! I knew they had this album in them. This is a band at the height of its powers. Less electronics, more guitars and drums. So effin heavy in all the right ways. It's a keeper.

I've been making some strides in terms of my development as a conscious being. Certain negative patterns I've repeated over the course of my life on autopilot have been exposed to the light of day. Clarity has enabled me to see them for what they are and they've been less potent. As a result, there has been more space, room to breathe. It's a process.

A good friend has been going through some hard times and I've been offering whatever support I can. He's not doing so good but he's making a go at effecting some positive changes, which, to me, is a big thing. Some people, and I know one or two, won't even lift a finger to help themselves out. They're the ones I have trouble summoning respect for. Compassion, sure, but, c'mon, do something on behalf of  yourself! Ah, but that's they're situation and it's not up to me how they handle it.

Spira's treating me to some Ethiopian food tonight on account of the fact that I've been taking care of Missy D when she has long days at yoga teacher training. I've had little experience with Ethiopian cuisine; I think I'll enjoy it but who knows.

More tattoos on the horizon. Janelle is being kind enough to design one for me and there's another one I have in mind that I'll reveal at a later date (oooohhh, mysterious!). Looking forward to it.
 

Ok, I'm out this piece, homies!


No comments: