Sunday, November 30, 2014

At last I am free, I can barely see in front of me

It's about four in the afternoon and I've only had an orange to eat today. Granted, it was a big one, but I've been active all day and am just now starting to get hungry. This is almost the direct result of having eaten too much since Thanksgiving. Too much, but not of the caliber of many, many gluttons that thrive during the holidays. Still, I over did it and the food I was eating wasn't as light and healthy as I've been used to. I barely got any sleep Friday night; I was, you see, in the grips of crummy tummy and got very friendly with Jana's bathroom.

Jana is the name of the woman whose dogs I took care of over the last several days. Two bulldogs, Lance and Lola. Not a bad gig at all, especially considering how much I got paid, but I'm glad to be home. The dogs are very nice and friendly. They also:

1.Lick each other all over pretty much every second they're awake. The sounds that emit are slick and wet and gurgly. Jana's place is pretty small; I wore headphones a lot.

2.Snore loudly.

3. Drool everywhere.

4 Sit and stare off into the distance when they're not licking each other.

5. Don't like going for walks. Anyway, they don't really walk as much as shuffle.

Basically, I was living with aliens for several days.


Thanksgiving was okay. It was spent at my mom's and, while not being a bad experience, it wasn't spectacular. Kind of lukewarm. It happens.

Last week I decided I wanted to get my mom a new TV for Christmas. I probed my sister about going in one together, but she wasn't sure she could contribute much. That was fine; I pretty much wanted to do it on my own. After some research with Spira, I decided I was going to order one online but things changed after a sushi dinner at Ebi's last night. Spira wanted to stop at Target. I said fine and because I've aligned myself with the universal laws of intention, I found pretty much the same TV for my mom that was cheaper and wouldn't have to be shipped. Like a boss, son.

I am thrilled I'm able to do this for my mom. Her TV is pretty old and on its way out. She needs a new one.

Alright, I need to get some food, probably sushi again. Talk to ya later, children.

No comments: