Sunday, November 9, 2014

You've got to get in to get out

The weekend is almost over. I feel like I could have used a couple of more days. I've been feeling restless lately, agitated. Not present, not mindful. My yoga practice has felt it; sessions have been shorter and rushed. Still, I've done what I can to get through it, keeping in mind the arising and passing of all phenomena. It will pass. Everything does.

So there's been restlessness and agitation but not across the board. I just completed a few songs I created on Garage Band I'd been poking at for months. With these, I've shown more patience than I usually do. The songs aren't perfect, but I like them quite a bit, particularly because I've spent so much time with them and also because I pushed the envelope a bit, at least regarding the way I typically write.

Listening to Genesis's The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway as I write. I took me a long time to finally get around to exploring it and I'm glad I finally did. So far, it's my favorite album of theirs. The whole band shines, but it's Peter Gabriel that sticks out for me. You can tell he really put everything he had into it. I wonder if he knew while making it that it would be his last album with the band.

Evangeline is having people over for game night. I'm not in the mood to partake or, rather, I am, but there are other things I'd rather do to wrap up the weekend. Think I need to decompress a bit. I am, after all, a card carrying introvert.

Spira and I went out for Vietnamese food last night. It's quite possible my favorite food, especially the Bun vermicelli dishes. As we ate, Spira spoke again about moving to Hawaii. She would like me to join her, but I don't think it's feasible for me, at least not in the next several months. I'm not against the idea of moving, but that's a MOVE and I've never even been there. Anyway, it bummed me out a bit knowing that eventually she'll move there and I'll hardly ever see her. Ah, but who knows what the future will bring?

I wrapped up Boardwalk Empire today. I wasn't entirely satisfied with how the show ended, but it consistently impressed me. I will miss it.

Alright, pumpkins, I'll smell you later.




No comments: