Wednesday, November 19, 2014

You say you're lonesome just getting by, but you turn your eyes from me

Earlier, I was listening to some takes from the last Ignore Emporium practice. It's still early on, but we're dialed in with each other (I'm talking about me, Michelle, and Janelle, if you don't know). I knew I was going to enjoy singing with them, but what's been happening is beyond my expectations. The chemistry is there; it was evident during our first practice. When we start playing live - and we will - I think we're going to turn some heads. Mine's been spinning.

Beginning the day before Thanksgiving, I'll be dog sitting for one of Spira's neighbors. I'll be staying with the dogs (two bulldogs) at her place (the neighbor's, not Spira's) through the weekend. Because I'll be watching two dogs, I'll be making twice as much. I could use some extra scratch; this could be lucrative. Not bad getting paid to hang out with dogs. I like doing that for free!

Still been listening to Genesis's The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. I didn't see it coming, not really, but it's one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard. When I listen to the song "The Lammia", I tear up just about every time. Not because of the lyrical content, but because it's a fucking brilliant, beautiful song. It moves me on visceral level. The whole album does; it contains just about everything I adore in music.

I'm listening to Van Halen's Diver Down as I type. It serves as a counterweight to all the Genesis I've been devouring. It's a fun album.

Slowly but surely I've been updating my wardrobe. I've been in desperate need of new clothes for a while.Especially shoes.I visited the New Balance outlet in Lawrence after work last week and picked up a nice pair of sneakers at a good discount. Last week, I bought a pair of boots online (I've been eying this pair for a long time; glad I found them again; I'd lost touch) and then a couple of days later got a cool pair of dress shoes from the same site. For quality shoes, I paid less than the flimsy, shoddily constructed ones I used to buy at PayLess. I bargained hunted like a boss, son!

In addition to the shoes, I've also picked up a ton of socks (I was down to about three pairs), a new coat, and a couple of pairs of pants. And I'm not done. Hey, it's good to update your wardrobe every so often. Know what I'm sayin'?

Ok, off to do other things like meditate and write lyrics. Maybe a cold shower at some point (still going strong!) and possibly, but most definitely, will have a few puffs of some sweet, sweet, cannabis!

Cheers, lovers.

No comments: