Thursday, November 20, 2014

She was just jumping out of her flesh and I said "Cash in!"

Today wasn't so bad but it was stacked with a lot of little annoyances. I rode the waves and made it to shore a little worn but with my dignity, and all the stuff one can lose when one forgets to be mindful, intact. My new boots arrived today. I wasn't too thrilled to see the box on the front stairs, nor was I thrilled that one of lace hooks had snapped off. One of those days. I like the boots and, you know, today wasn't so bad.

My former coworker, Therese, lost her son a couple of months ago. He allegedly shot himself in the head but it seems likely he was murdered, whether accidentally or with intent. He was living in Florida and his career as a meteorologist was starting to blossom. His family and friends claim he was not suicidal. The story has gone national. I just watched Therese on Good Morning America. Kind of surreal and entirely sad.

I listen to the Big Three Podcast pretty much every day, which means I'm laughing pretty much every day. For that reason alone, I can say with all sincerity that it's one of the most essential aspects of my life. I wish I knew someone who was into it. Maybe I do - who knows. There is the FB fan club if I need to consort with other enthusiasts.


Friday is upon us. That is good. I hope it is sexy and transcendent.

No comments: