Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wound up with a band of thieves

My neighbor Steve's car has been idling for the last, I don't know, twenty minutes or so. It's not loud enough to make me want to go slash his tires, but it's annoying, to be sure. Look, you've got to deal with stuff in life. I'll play some music over it. Maybe that will help.

Listening to Elyse; that makes all the difference. Man, I love her voice. It's husky, rebellious, honeyed, and ramshackle. I shall listen to this wonderful album today with deep satisfaction.

A fine weekend. Went to a house show a couple of doors down from mine (very convenient) with Foley. His friend Anna Rae did a set that was pretty much just vocals and bass. And then Anna Rae's friend Todd played the piano and sang with upright bass, electric guitar, and a nice young fella singing backups, to accompany him. It was a warm atmosphere. Seemed like practically everyone in attendance were happy, well adjusted people. Or perhaps they were all taking ecstasy. Not me and Foley - we tripped the lights fantastic with beer and a substance that produces a favorable effect as well as clouds of smoke. A good night.

Spent time with Spira and Missy D, too. Went to Union Sq. for sushi takeout, showered Missy D. with affection, drank root beer. That sort of thing.

Man, this Elyse record is really good.


Alright, things happen in life; it's true. But I don't have the inclination to detail them. So, with that, I leave you. I feel like it might be a good idea to watch a Kurosawa film tonight. We'll see.

G'day, guvnas!

No comments: