Monday, January 27, 2014

Tell me what is true love

It's an Aphex Twin kind of night. Well, at least for the time being. So, just a few minutes ago, I was checking out a blog post from around this time four years ago. In it, I mentioned I'd been reading The Power of Now, a book that had made its way into my life at just the right time. And I didn't even have to go buy a copy. It was at the house; someone had lent Janelle a copy and  she hadn't gotten around to reading it yet. I really connected with the book. It wasn't so much the content, but the way in which it was expressed.

I was sitting on the couch the other day after a yoga session and spied a hardcover book on one of the shelves in our entertainment center. I hadn't noticed it there before. Sure enough, it was a copy of The Power of Now, only without it's jacket and a little frayed around the edges. I think Matt left it here when he moved out (Matt left a lot of stuff here, but that matter has been covered in an older post). I've been reading from it ever since. A pattern? The same book showing up in my life twice? Four years later and almost to the day. Hey, I'll take it!

This post has been a victory insofar as I've kept it civil or, rather, I haven't given it over to the grievances and hurts other ego-related claptrap my mind had been producing for most of the day. I'm not about up sweeping stuff under the rug, but there are some matters that aren't even worth giving attention to. So bravo to me!

And bravo to sleep, which I could use. Hopefully, Fred will wrap up his sawing and drilling a floor below me. Don't ask. I'm trying to be a good sport. Anyway, so, yeah - sleep looks pretty good. I think I'll watch a bigfoot video or two, maybe listen to some Big Three, maybe meditate. I had a vigorous yoga session after work and my body would like to recover. So an early night, perhaps.

Buh byeee!!

No comments: