Monday, January 6, 2014

And I stepped outside to smoke myself a J

Monday. First day back at work since New Year's Eve. Two snow days in a row last week - not so bad, but yup, winter can suck my balls. And in true Monday fashion, it was dreary as fuck outside, albeit much warmer than it has been.

I'm tired and will keep this post short. Things haven't been so great, but, even though there are times I feel like a weak presence in this world, I'm not exposing my belly to the fates. Naw, I've got more fight in me than that.

It starts with the rampage of appreciation (something I learned from reading Abraham Hicks) in order to reach a more positive, resourceful state. I usually start by thinking of Missy D. Always makes me feel a little brighter. Hell, I think of all the pups I know: The Baby Boy Z, Mimi, etc. From there I think about the simple pleasures, like my obsession with The Big Three podcast or the stuff I'm doing on Garage Band. And then it's thoughts of family and friends. See, Kevin, you're not so utterly alone in this world!

And yoga and meditation are huge. 

Ah, but some changes need to happen. I'm not getting any younger and would like to experience a healthy, meaningful relationship with a woman (It's about fucking time, sayeth I!), and financial security would be a real hoot, too. And then there's the crazy notion of pursuing my Path, however that manifests. I'd love to have my own place. I'm starting to pine, dear readers. And moving someplace warmer, or just somewhere else would be pretty cool, too. Drifting, drifting, drifting....is getting old, son!

--
I watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari last night, probably the oldest film I've ever watched (1920, I think). Really enjoyed it. Tonight, I may watch the rest of Dreyer's Ordet. Amazing how many classic films are on YouTube. 

Listening to Ariel Pink's latest, Mature Themes. His songs are sticky and swirl in my head all the live long day.

Alright, the night ain't getting younger. Best wrap things up.

No comments: