Monday, January 13, 2014

And behind you, I have warned you, there are awful things

I had a couple of instances today that gave me more evidence, as if any was needed, that my mind isn't a reliable purveyor of truth. This morning I was recording at the registry of deeds in Cambridge and the clerk that was serving me screwed up a couple of times believing there were errors on the documents. Not being familiar with their type - they were phasing amendments another law firm asked us to record - I could have just assumed she was correct and tried to rectify the mistakes. Well, I didn't and confidently reported, after a quick perusal of the documents, that she was the one in error. Or, in the language of my forebears, she was the fuck up. At work later I stressed mildly about having to inform a coworker about some mistakes she had made and would continue making if I kept quiet. We get along, but she can be punchy sometimes and there were enough facets to her mistakes where I could see her getting all ornery and somehow blaming me. But, you know what, rather than trying to save myself a headache, I talked it over with her. And she wasn't even close to being upset. So, yeah, go forth confidently, and all that shit.

Been recording music on my iPad using Garage Band. I like the program quite a bit - a welter of options and fairly simple to navigate - but I'm still in the dark about a few key things. I'll figure it out. Just need to keep fooling around with it

Went grocery shopping after work. My cupboards were beginning to look bare. It's a good feeling having a lot of food in the house, especially when much of it is healthy. I had a nice quinoa dinner with steamed vegetables, kale, corn, and grape tomatoes and my beverage was a smoothie with fruit and ginger and other esoteric ingredients I may have gleaned from some dusty grimoire .

The Ignore Emporium Facebook page can officially be considered a bust. Maybe that's too harsh a way to put it, but it certainly hasn't received much attention. I'll tell you, the mind hates indifference because it's not attentive. Apathy it can handle - it's something it can chew on - but indifference is something else. Anyway, there has been some attention to the page., and for that I'm grateful. I'll keep it going, albeit less enthusiastically, if only because it's not exactly a chore to maintain. And you never know who might derive pleasure from it.

There's more, but I'm ready to go relax before bed. See ya later, haters.

No comments: