Sunday, October 6, 2013

Into the blue again, into silent water

It is Sunday and it is being utilized as a day of rest. I woke up at 11:30 from a dream in which in which Missy D jumped up on the couch I was napping on and eased into a spoon position. Where were we? Oh, I don't know; vague, dim images of revelry in a large house - lot's of rooms, women. Man, my dreams like to party.

11:30. Late for me, but I went to bed after three and it's been raining. The perfect storm for sleeping in. Fred is in the basement hammering away and sawing. He's recently gotten into carpentry, a hobby the household has benefited from (a frame for the light fixture on the kitchen ceiling, a lid for the gaping hole over the trash bucket in our pantry). At first, I was wary of this new pursuit - over the last several weekends, Nice Guy Steve has been outside my window going to town with his skill saw. A nuisance, but made even worse when it gave Fred the idea to purchase his very own skill saw. So, sure, I was wary of a potential cacophony of saws blazing away, but so far it hasn't been an issue. I can dimly hear hammering away, but it's tolerable. Hell, I'm constantly bashing away on my guitar directly above him; above all else, I should cut him a little slack.

Listening to Bach sonatas and contemplating where to direct my energy. I'm thinking working on music will be the way to go. Then I'll probably read from Song of Susannah, the penultimate book in King's Dark Tower series. I'll watch some more of Celebration Day. Late last night I watched a good chunk. What a set list! The band is tight (I read that because they knew this show was a one-off with no tour to follow, they rehearsed a shit load). Aside from one or two irresponsible solos from Page, this is one of their better performances.

Or I'll stick with the sonatas and ride that cloud all day.

No comments: