Thursday, October 3, 2013

I got so high, I scratched till I bled

I won't go as far to say that dominant aspects of my life are reaching unbearable peaks of despair, but I will say that it has become increasingly uncomfortable. There are several factors involved and most could be alleviated by having more money at my disposal. But it's not just money, though. It's the way I've approached life that is at the root of it all. I guess that goes without saying, but to me it hasn't always been self-evident.

So I deal and I hope things get better, more satisfying, exhilarating even. It can happen. Why not? Worries, concerns, fuck it. I come home and hit the yoga mat. Hard. Puts me in a resourceful, confident, and relaxed state. I come out the other end of a session invigorated. I work on my music. I meditate. I eat healthy. The worst is despair, that too afraid to do anything while the world crumbles around you way of being. Taking some kind of action on behalf of yourself is an affirmation. It strengthens.

I should get back to working on music. I'm alternating between practicing established songs and working on new ones. I'd like to have most or all of them completed by my show, which I know for a darn tootin' fact is on October 19th. And Spira said she wants to sing with me on a song. That will require rehearsing. Anyway, I've been having a lot of fun playing the songs. I'm not being very rigid about how they should be performed, focusing more on relaxing into them and letting the moment dictate where they should go. The closer you are to that, the better off you'll be as a live musician.

The Ignore Emporium page is up. I'm pleased with the layout (Janelle provided the logo, which I love) and I'm glad I have a forum to share my music. I'm aiming to keep a positive outlook about the experience. It hasn't been easy. Let's leave it at that. At the very least, I'm learning to develop a thick skin.

G'night, laddybucks.


No comments: