Sunday, October 13, 2013

Everyone needs love, you know that it's true, some day you'll find someone, that will fall in love with you

Man, I'm beat. Just got back from my mom's house. She had a bunch of miscellaneous chores for me to attend to and, while none of them were that taxing physically or mentally, or even spiritually, they did take their toll. Why? Because I've been nursing a fucking head cold since Thursday and I'm not my powerful, hale (and charming and good looking) self. Good times. Oh, and my car, but I'll get to that in a minute.

It was a good day with mom and the adorable Mimi, who made me smile all the live long day. Mom and I went out to lunch after we completed the various tasks. I was pleased I could help out some. Without my dad around, there are many tasks she can't perform. So I took out her bedroom A/C, attached a pull chain to a ceiling light, scraped moss off of her patio,blow-dried some weather-proofing plastic on one of her windows (my old roommate Rich came to mind - I think that was his favorite thing in the whole wide world to do), installed smoke alarms, and a few other odds and ends. Easy stuff, for the most part, but, as I said, I'm beat. Tears of fatigue are cascading down my cheeks as I type. Should I take a nap at this late hour or revivify with some coffee? I'm thinking coffee. I'll be back in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

I'm back and the coffee is hot and tasty (I rock the French press, son!) Miles Davis's Agharta is playing and I'm ready to go. Okay, my car. Ughh.

Since I've had the car - close to a year now - every once in a while on the highway, a low hum would sound and the car would start to shake, as if I was pushing the engine well past it's comfort zone. Into the red, baby! The first time it happened, I was certain I was about to break down, but after slowing down, the car seemed to revert back to it's functioning self.

Every once in a while it happened. And, starting last week, every once in a while became frequently. Friday was the last straw. It marked the second day in a row this behavior asserted itself. Fuck. Yesterday I took the car to my mechanic, head stuffed to the gills and sore throat. Fun. Yada, yada, yada, they gave the car a tune up (new spark plugs, filters, etc.) thinking that should solve the problem. Cost me about three hunnert smackers. Nice.

When I picked the car up, I noticed right away it had a little spring in its step. Good sign. I was looking forward to driving to my mom's today free of concern, listening to Led Zep's mighty Presence (I had been listening to it online all week and the copy I ordered had just arrived in the mail). I envisioned smooth sailing down the highway listening to the rolling thunder of Achille's Last Stand.

Indeed it was smooth sailing  until....that's right the same fucking rumble showed its face again. You thought you got rid of me, you piece of shit? Ha! Since it didn't happen again, I'm hoping whatever the problem was, had shit itself out somehow. Maybe the new parts had to settle in. Or something. How do I know? Anyway, so that's an ongoing concern. Will the car hold up? I hope so.

Being sick sidetracked me from rehearsing for Saturday's gig. Whatever. I need to get better. It will be a quiet night. I'll probably watch Prometheus. Just watched a twenty plus minute video on YouTube that attempts to debunk all the criticism the film received. The guy made a solid argument. Made me eager to watch it again.

Alright, I'm out of here. Peace out, bronies.

No comments: