Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I can't go for that, no can do

Well, it's Monday and it wasn't so bad, especially considering I'm taking tomorrow off. I am, it's true, and I need it. And not because I hate my job - I just feel burned out all over and a day off sounds very appealing right now. I will practice yoga, work on music, read, and maybe hatch a plan or two.

I binge-watched Breaking Bad over the weekend and am now caught up (not technically, I suppose, since I missed last night's episode). Pretty intense, but what else can you expect from this show. Still not on board with the idea that it's the best show ever, but it's definitely up there. I'll need to watch the whole series over before I can make any true assessment. It is very, very good; the quality is very, very high. That much I know. But there are other shows I can say the same thing about, like TJ Hooker or According To Jim. So, there's that.

TimberGiantBigfoot finally posted the footage I'd been giddy with anticipation to watch. Since I feel pretty certain  he's not a hoaxer, I'm going on record as saying this is some of the best authentic footage I've seen. It's nowhere near the Patterson-Gimlin footage as far as content, but to me it is very compelling.

I'm really happy for TGB. This guy has been at it for years and his patience has been rewarded. So what is shown in the clip? Well, let's back up a bit first. Often in TGB's videos, various sounds can be heard that correspond to primate (Sasquatch) behavior, i.e. wood-knocking, howls, rock-clacking. In one or two of his recent vids rock clacking can be heard. How can I be sure it's rock clacking? Well, clearly I can't be completely sure, but there's corresponding evidence to suggest that's what it was. So not only does it sound like two rocks being brought together, but when TGB walks towards the source of the sound, he finds two rocks, powdered white on the tips and smooth from use. Around them he finds a pile of nuts that, upon closer inspection, are almost impossible to break open without the use of some tool. What would one use? A hammer? Nut cracker? Either would work, I suppose. Rocks? Nah.

Fast forward to the recent compelling video. TGB is out walking in the woods and suddenly you hear "clack, clack" in the distance, coming from the deep brush. He walks towards the sound and hears it again. At one point he estimates that the sound is close. He aims the camera into the woods. Nothing. And then...something.

What he sees clearly surprises him (I've seen a lot of phony bigfoot vids and even when the acting is good it's never that good). TGB gathers himself and gets his footage, which lasts about a minute or so. At times it is shaky and there are a couple of edits that I wonder about (usually an indicator of tomfoolery, but in this case, I wouldn't be surprised if it was his swearing that he cut out, given that he's conscious of his kids watching the video and if memory serves, he's said he's done as much in the past), but what is shown clearly resembles a mountain gorilla (sagital crest, massive bulk, etc), albeit a reddish one. And what is cool is that you see the body pulse in time with subsequent rock clacking. When all is said and done, TGB walks over to where the creature was and finds nuts and rocks white-tipped with use.

That's all I'll share here. If you're interested, go check it out for yourself. Believe me, I'm conscious that most people I know and probably most of my readers find the subject absolutely ridiculous and won't give it the time of day. I feel no need to convert anyone, but I did want to share my excitement. It's rare when footage is released that is so compelling.
--
A good chunk of what I wrote above was written last night before the Internet cut out, something that is happening with greater frequency these days (probably we need a new router). When I went to reset the connection, I ended up having a long conversation with Evangeline and Fred. About what? Well, books and stuff. Really, though, it's none of your business. Alright?

Started reading The Dog Stars last night. I'd heard a lot of good things about it and I was intrigued by the premise (poetical man and his dog and gun-loving, militia-type neighbor surviving in post-flu pandemic world). The writing style is first person and brings to mind McCarthy's The Road, but this is not a rip off. Heller's writing is powerful and engaging and, from what I understand because I'm only fifty pages in, the story is a bit more hopeful than The Road.

I generally have great dreams and hardly ever have nightmares. Many of the great dreams involve revelry among friends, some I know in my waking life, others only in the dream. Often these parties take place inside a huge, secluded ocean front place. I awoke from one of these dreams this morning with tendrils of recall snaking through my foggy mind. I remember lying on the couch with her. She held me close, it felt natural, but I was starting to wonder if it was appropriate. She didn't release her hold, so I didn't protest.

I think when I die, I'll walk right into one of these parties. Hell, maybe before I die. Multi-verse anyone?

Well, let's get this day started. It's a bit chilly, hope it warms up a bit before I go practice yoga as close to naked as I can muster. And there will be music and dancing and laughter and....

Ignore Emporium. I was hoping to launch the FB page a couple of months ago but I've been holding out for a logo. Didn't like the idea of a half-assed presentation but I've got a gig to promote and I don't think I can wait much longer. So,what I'm saying is I'm going to probably throw together something just so I can the ball rolling. In the end, it won't matter what I present; I'm pretty sure people's reactions will border on indifferent. Way to be an optimist, Kev! Well, it may not be like that, but it's hard to gauge these things. All I have to go on is past reactions and well....the word lukewarm comes to mind. Guess what, though? It doesn't change the way I feel about my music. I just need to find my audience is all. Soon, children. Soon.

Good night and good luck.


No comments: