Thursday, August 8, 2013

I want more

First of all, there's a new Midlake song I've been listening to and it's so good in so many ways I'm just going to leave it at that. The album will be released in early November; too long to wait. Too long. Anyway, the song embodies, and subtly so, progressive elements (Yes and Pink Floyd are brought to mind) but with modern sensibilities and....look, the song, Antiphon it's called, is just great. No more trying to describe it.

I've been away from this blog, longer than I realized. Well, these things happen.

The weekend approaches. I'm looking forward to it. Will probably be low key, which is fine. The last couple of weekends found me at parties and shit. Not complaining, just saying.

I seem to mention it quite frequently in my posts, but I have gone deeper into my yoga practice. The first sign was when I woke in the middle of the night in the middle of positioning myself into yoga poses. It felt great. First time I've ever, at least that I'm aware of, done this kind of thing in my sleep. Listening to that soft, still voice for word about whether I should move forward with yoga teacher training. Stay tuned.

Getting my Ignore Emporium FB site in gear. I'm enlisting some people to help out with it. It's about time.

I've been finding that some of my old patterns of behavior, particularly the negative ones, have lost their potency. Sometimes when I get pissed at something or someone, it just feels like I'm going through the motions. I don't really feel pissed, or if I do, it lasts only a short time. Saying that, well, I've still got plenty that is just as potent as ever. It's a process, my children. It's a process.

I really feel like watching a ton of Mad Men right now, but alas I don't have the capability. Worth owning on DVD, but I haven't done anything about it yet. What I'm trying to say is that I think you should consider buying me an early Christmas present. Think about it.

Alright, it's time to go read from The Dark Tower. I just started reading Toni Morrisson's Beloved today. It will be my lunch book. So far so good.

Here's the deal: I'll see you on the flippety-flip. Maybe tomorrow, perhaps in a few days. We'll see. The important thing to remember is that I'll never ever leave you.


Namaste, you damned dirty apes!

No comments: