Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lazy flies all hovering above

Mad Men marathon. Hasn't yet begun, not in earnest.. Earlier yesterday, I purchased the first three seasons at Newbury Comics for under forty dollars. It was the right thing to do and not just because it was a great deal; I haven't bought anything for myself in a while and the show is one of the best I've seen. So Don Draper, get ready to charm me.

Listening to Miles Davis's Bitches Brew. Ever since high school, when I was first exposed to it, the album has never been a truly enjoyable thing for me to listen to. It's a druggy trip, but not with the mellow vibes of say a Grateful Dead or Jimmy Hendrix. No, this is druggy in the downing a whole bottle of Robitussin kind of way. It can get creepy, man. Still, here I sit listening to it. Art serves a multitude of purposes, including discomfort. Ya dig?

Launch date for the Ignore Emporium FB page approaches. I'm eager to begin sharing music and collaborating with people in various, as of now secret, ways. Ideas have been brewing; I predict this will be a fruitful venture. Concurrently, I've been cracking away at a new song that's just about complete structurally. I'll  begin focusing on lyrics today. It's nice having a reason not to jump off a bridge.

I'll be heading over to Spira's in a bit. We're going to meet up with Bart's wife, Tuere (total misspelling, but whatevs) and head over to Beverly for an early dinner. I forget the name of the place, but I thinks it's a raw food joint. I'm probably wrong, so stay tuned to find out the truth.

Alright, children, I will now make my escape.

No comments: