Thursday, July 26, 2012

Your words were like raindrops from a storm in a vase

Over the last couple of days I've had the feeling like I'm riding an elevator. Doesn't happen all the time, but today it was more prevalent. Might have something to do with the fact that I've been riding an elevator, two actually, multiple times a day since I've been staying at Spira's. I'm not too concerned; I had a deep yoga session after work and my balance was not affected. Still, I wouldn't mind terribly much if the symptoms took a hike.

Janelle and Shane came by last night. We hadn't seen Shane in many months; it was nice catching up with him. We drank some delicious beer that Janelle brought (my head and body hummed warmly with it) and talked until sunrise. Well, not nearly that late, but we did talk past dark. Shane shared his experiences of being a dad. Fatherhood suits him. I think I'd be a good dad. Well, I'd try to be one anyway. I've already started a list of helpful hints. First item: 1. Food goes in mouth. That's all I've got so far, but I've got time to fill out the list.

Missy D hogs the bed. She's a big girl, for one thing, and she either plops down in the middle of the bed lengthwise or perpendicular. Barely any room for me. I've kicked her off several times, but she keeps coming back. The other thing she likes doing is sticking her giant butt near my face. If she wasn't so adorable I'd cause more of a stink, but alas, I'm a sucker. Even so, my goal is to have the bed to myself starting tonight.

Here's the deal: this was never going to be anything but a short post. I've got music to work on and Craig will be stopping by later. I'd like to finish up some lyrics so I can have Janelle with her lovely voice sing over some stuff. The songs have to be based on the film, Roll Bounce, or no deal, she told me. I'll give it a shot.

Good night, rascals, and don't forget to meditate.




No comments: