Tuesday, July 24, 2012

They just tell you that you're on your own, fill your head all full of lies

I have returned. My absence from this blog was the result of a few factors, none of which needs to be discussed now, particularly because I'm a little pressed for time, and also because it doesn't really matter. Let's just say I needed a break and leave it at that. That terrible dread you've been feeling has been lifted. Rejoice, children, for I have returned!

Sabbath's We Sold Our Souls For Rock N' Roll is playing in the background. I was surprised to find it in Spira's iTunes library. Fuckin' Sabbath, man.

Beginning this past Sunday, I've been housesitting for Spira while she's in Hawaii learning yoga. I've got two weeks of living alone in a nice place with a dishwasher, washer/dryer, digital piano (which I've been playing a lot), and the greatest, most regal of all greyhounds: Missy D! A vacation of sorts.

While I'm here I plan on doing some recording, practicing yoga, reading, and spending much of my time all steamed up and greasy with a revolving door of affordable, kind-hearted prostitutes. Oh, and I'll meditate.

I've been listening to the new Dirty Projectors album. A lot. Why? Because it's quite brilliant, that's why. Go listen to it and find out (I hope you realize that was a direct order).

I hear an air-raid siren. Yup, War Pigs is playing. I played this with my band, G.R. Spang, at a high school talent show. We brought the ruckus, we did. Even threw in the rocking and exultant part of Bohemian Rhapsody. So you think you can stone me and spit in my eyeeyeyeeee..... We were golden Gods for one night. 

I'm still reading Sex At Dawn. I bring it with me when I visit various registry of deeds, particularly the one in Cambridge, where an hour wait is considered speedy service. It's been interesting observing people's reactions when they see the title of the book. I could be way off base, but I think it's the word sex that grabs their attention. Anyway, I think just  holding this book might help me get laid.



I'm off to read some Thich  Nhat Hahn and get blasted with some Buddhism. Later, I'll probably watch Hara Kiri , one of the greatest of films, on Spira's widescreen TV. Sleep well foundlings, I'll be back sooner than you can whip a lamb in the eyes.

2 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Hey I heard a song the other day and it made me think of you. Have you heard of Bon Iver? This guys voice and lyrics seriously gives me chills. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y692d0GPQw
Hope you have been doing well. Its been a bit since we chatted. Drop me line sometime.

Kevin said...

Hey Leigh, yes it has been a while since we communicated. Time is slippery. Hope your pregnancy is going smoothly. I can't even begin to manage what it must feel like. As for Bon Iver, I have heard him. At first I didn't like his stuff so much, which surprised me, because it's right up my alley, I've come to appreciate him a lot more. Thanks for sharing!