Monday, February 13, 2012

Will she go down on you in a theater?

When you listen to God Speed You Black Emperor, even the most mundane tasks take on a disturbing epic quality. I'm listening to them now, confident this post will either be disturbing or epic. I can't manage both, I'm afraid. So most likely it will be disturbing. But you knew that already.

Just about finished the nearly seven hundred pages of text in A Course In Miracles. Then it will be on to the workbook with it's daily exercises. It's been a trip, I tell ya. I spoke about the book with Kevin over the weekend. As far as I know, he's the only person in my social sphere who's read it and thus can relate to what I'm going through. In fact, he's the one who gave me the book oh so many years ago. Stay tuned, readers: The day may arrive when I'm not such a fucking prick anymore.

I was a little bummed to hear that one of my favorite podcasts, The Lavender Hour, has ended. The hosts, Duncan Trussell and Natasha Legerro, have split up. The upside is that Trussell has started his own podcast. The Duncan Trussell Family Hour. When I first began listening to The Lavender Hour, I thought Natasha would somehow distract from the lofty subject matter Duncan is known for. Instead, I came to the conclusion that she was the perfect foil for him. They had great chemistry, at least on-air. I'll miss her laugh most of all - it's one of the best I've ever heard.

I'm tired. I started the day off strong, but in the afternoon my eyes got watery and I began yawning a lot. Maybe I need to drink more coffee. I'm having some now, sure, but maybe I need to really step it up. I drink two cups a day. That's child's play to a serious coffee drinker, who speaks in terms of pots, not cups.

Enough God Speed. Too stark for my current mood. Moved on to Neu. Just as epic, but less threatening.

Saw Mara last night for the first time in months. It was good seeing her, but the break felt right. It's not uncommon these days for long stretches of time to pass before seeing some of my friends and family. It bothers me less than I thought it would, quite frankly. I'm not suggesting I don't care about or miss these people, it's just that.....aw, you know what I mean.

Is it okay that I've been eating a lot of humus lately? I hope so, because I've been going to town, son!

We received a bit of mail the other day addressed to someone that doesn't live here and, as far I know, never did. I know it's not for my neighbors upstairs because Rick was the one who put the parcel in our slot (I saw him do it, I did). Anyway, my conundrum is whether to open it or not. See, it's from the L. Ron Hubbard Dianetics Foundation and I'm curious as a George to know what it's about. Could be some esoteric business. I'll have to give it some thought.

With that, I bid you adieu.

2 comments:

firefly collective said...

It's MINE! Don't open it! It contains my audit and refers to a deep and troubling series of engram(s). If you were to read it, you, the unintended viewer, a portal would open in your soul and a host of troubled memories, angst and dysthemia would erupt upwards, like a scene right out of Raiders of the Lost Ark or something. It's best you should mail this mysterious missive to me. To me. And the Baby Boy Z. He's the only one who can ease me through the burden of it's contents.

Kevin said...

Hmmm...I haven't even opened up the envelope, yet I suffer the symptoms you describe. Better send Pooch Edward over here for support.