Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing

I am tired. I went for a run after work in the frigid air and darkness. I was appropriately garbed, but it was an uncomfortable experience and I was pleased when it was through. On a side note: my calves hurt; they never do after a run. Oh, well, these things happen.

This will be a short post. I know I always say that and end up reneging on the claim, but this time I mean to be congruent. It's getting late and I've matters to attend to, most of which would bore the life right out of you. For one thing, there's some pending Bigfoot footage being uploaded tonight that I want to see. It'll be in Hi-def, so whatever it is will be vividly rendered. And I want to work on some music, read from Billy Budd (my re-read of Jordan's Wheel of Time series has been put on hold), and watch some Deadwood. I love this show so much, I would kill my parents if it told me to. Seriously, I would.

John Lennon died thirty years ago today. He preached peace, unity, and love, only to be assassinated for it. They do it to them all-Jesus, Gandhi, MLK- because the potency of their message cannot be tolerated in a world governed by violence. Who since Lennon has fervently preached peace as not just a concept, but something achievable? We consider ourselves advanced, but we're still up to the same bullshit in this world. Violence begets violence; division begets division. Let's give peace a chance.

Oh, I was supposed to be brief with this post. Alright, I'm out of here.

2 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Peace will win in the end as its the voice that can not be silenced. From the grave many of us still hear the words and willingly listen and embrace it.

I know of a boy 21 years old sitting in a NY jail cell as we speak. I just received his letter, he spoke of Gandhi and his personal journey. Peace yells from the grave changing the hearts of many and thanks be to those who have taught it to where the masses can listen. ;-)
All the best,
Leigh

Kevin said...

Thanks for that, Leigh.