Monday, February 15, 2016

See the blind man shooting at the world

It's not easy keeping up with this blog, but one tries every now and again to tend the garden. It's President's Day and the only reason I mention it is because it's the first time I've had it off. Not so long ago, I had MLK Day off, too; another first. Among it's other benefits, e.g. working with friends and making more $ than I've ever made, my job's holiday schedule is kick ass. I'm not going to lie to you, it's been swell.

V and I were just talking about the multitude of synchronicities that have appeared in our relationship since its inception. If I had the time, I'd summarize some of the Jungian events that led me to the aforementioned conclusion. But I don't, so you'll just have to take my word on it.

Anyway

We toy with getting a dog sooner than later. It seems a greyhound is the breed we're leaning toward (Missy D's majesty makes it difficult to consider other breeds). They're not so good with stairs and we have steep ones. Maybe we'll wait until we get another place; maybe we won't. Only Billy knows for sure.

Anyway

I've been playing the baritone ukulele V's hair stylist graciously gave us. I've been playing it more like a sitar than a uke and that is a-ok with me.

Well, the night isn't getting any younger and I've got some reading I'd like to do. The Elliott Smith documentary, Heaven Adores You, arrived in the mail the other day; perhaps we'll watch it if time permits.

Alright, you bonnie lads and lasses, I'm out.


No comments: