Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I'd say you'd make a perfect angel in the snow

Our office has been a playground for fruit flies. It has been this way for months, preceding my glorious arrival. We've taken just about every measure available to eradicate these cunning fuckers and they've outwitted us every time. I've killed so many, so has everyone else. I'm getting numb to their presence. Well, not quite yet - Fuckers!

After too long a sabbatical, I've returned to reading on a regular basis. I've got a welter of books simmering on the stove (thanks, Kindle!) but the ones I've been paying attention to are:

Passport To Magonia, by Jacques Vallee. This holy grail of ufology had been out of print forever. Over the weekend I discovered there was a Kindle version and bought the fuck out of it. I'm a proponent of Vallee's thoughts about the nature of UFOs. 

Sometimes A Great Notion, by Ken Kesey. V and I recently watched One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and it occurred to me I'd never read any of his books. So far I'm glad I finally did. 

The Cosmic Trigger (I), by Robert Anton Wilson. Like the above-listed PTM, this book, while not being out of print, had not been available on Kindle until recently. I could have purchased a physical copy - it really wouldn't have put me out much - but I never did. Strange, because I've been dying to read the book for a long time. My impatience with snail mail probably influenced why I opted to read his other works released on Kindle first. Anyway, as it happens with RAW, my mind has been stretched to wild proportions and synchronicity has become more of an assertive presence in my life than is typical. 

 Perdurabo:The Life of Aleister Crowley, by Richard Kaczynski. This one I started at the end of the summer, right around the time I met Veronica. It's a hefty work, but I'm working my way through it.

A bunch of books, and there are more in the queue I'm eager to get at, but they all relate. Sometimes I'm unsure of which book I'm reading. 

Bye

No comments: