Monday, February 22, 2016

He might never have to know anyone

Last night Veronica and I had a choice to make: watch a Ram Dass webcast or the Elliott Smith documentary, Heaven Adores You. We chose the latter because we'd been meaning to watch it for several days. It was good; a bit choppy and inconsistent, but worth our time. Elliott was a gifted songwriter but he didn't coast on his talent. He honed his craft, devoted a lot of time to it. After our viewing I felt inspired and a bit bummed out I didn't go all in, musically speaking, like he did. Different paths,different dharma. Still, I endeavor to evolve as a musician and I have few regrets in life. 

I've been practicing yoga almost daily and Veronica has, here and there, enhanced the experience with her insight as a professional yoga instructor. Sometimes we practice together. I've also been jogging up and down the six flights of stairs in our office building three or four times a day. It all began when I followed the urge to explore the rest of our rather large building. I opted to take the stairs and by the time I reached the top floor, I was breathing heavy. I didn't like that feeling, so for the last several weeks I've been going up and down those stairs. I still get out of breath - that's what happens when you jog up and down six flights of stairs - but my wind is up and I feel lighter and more sure in my footing. 

That's right, son!

So there you go. Alright, I'm out of here, you freaks of nature. 

No comments: