Sunday, June 21, 2015

Nancy, Nancy, sing me a song, something to make my hair grow long

The weekend turned out well in retrospect. You can tell by the tone of my last post that I wasn't quite in a positive state when I wrote it. That is alright because that's what happens in life. Anyway, even as I was going through it, I was still being mindful, taking notes and all the while adhering to the unassailable phrase "This too shall pass". I was listening to a Ram Dass talk the other night in which he told a story about a king who employs a monk to make him something that would make him happy when he he was feeling poorly. The monk returned a week later with a ring that had the inscription "This too shall pass".  The king loved it, but failed to realize the same would hold true when he was feeling happy. Everything changes, the good and the bad and the in between.

Pat came by yesterday and we had a productive practice. I recently suggested to the group that we modify the way we practice by splitting them up: I would practice with Pat one day, practice with Janelle and Michelle on another, and then we'd all practice together. That way I'd be able to workshop the vocals without Pat having to sit there and wait, and vice versa. So far, so good.


Ok, I'm going to possibly watch the movie Her, daydream about the tattoo I hope to have placed on my arm, call Rachel and talk to her for the first time, work on music, read.....who knows.


Bye

No comments: