Sunday, May 24, 2015

All at once the world begins to love again

It's been an interesting weekend so far.  To wit:

1. I had just gotten home from work on Friday when I received a text from Spira. She was on her way to the emergency room with severe stomach pain.She suspected it had something to do with the hernia operation she had a couple of years ago.

2. I went over to her place to feed and walk Missy D. Spira kept me updated through texts. "Still sitting here". "Still waiting". They didn't get to her for a few hours. What do you expect in the Emergency Rooom? Ha!

3. When they did get to her, they confirmed her suspicion about the hernia: it had popped out. They drugged her up and popped it back in. It was a late night; she didn't get home until well after midnight. She'll need another surgery.

4. Yesterday morning I awoke from a dream in which I was in a paedophile's house and had access to his video library. This guy was an elite member of society and I knew the footage would incriminate him and others, most likely politicians and celebrities. No one was around. I debated whether to watch a video. I knew it wouldn't be pretty, that there would be sexual abuse and violence. Still, I was curious. I mulled it over.....and then I woke up. Glad I didn't pop that tape in the player.

5. This morning I woke from a slightly better dream, albeit equally disturbing. In it, I was at a small club in NH with the band. We were scheduled to perform but the band playing before us played well past their allotted time. We were told we'd have to rush a sound check if we wanted to play. A lot of our friends were there; it was important to us that we should perform. From that point , the dream took on a familiar cast. I went looking for members of the group, my guitar tuner, and who knows what else and kept getting distracted by other people and situations. I eventually found my tuner and, as I was tuning my guitar, I saw Adam sitting near by. I nodded to him but didn't approach; I knew he wanted nothing to do with me. He suddenly got up and excitedly called over his mother and anyone who would listen. He showed them a piece of paper that looked like a work order from my job. "Look! It says 7-5 KC!!", he said. "See, he's trying to get to me!". (July 5th is my birthday and KC are my initials). It bummed me out that someone I once considered to be my best friend, my brother, has been under a sinister glamour that convinces him I am his worst enemy. I woke up. Sadly, that part of the dream was very, very close to the truth.

6. I helped Spira out with stuff yesterday so she could recuperate. In the afternoon, she came up with the idea that we should get foot massages at the Galleria, her treat. I obliged - I've never had a professional foot massage. So off we went. We sat in recliners and got our feet and legs massaged. Since it was a reflexology massage, it wasn't entirely gentle. There were moments of discomfort, to be sure.

7. Andrew moved in yesterday. I hope he works out. On paper, it looks like he will.

8. Somehow, I managed to be creative over the last couple of days. I worked on a song that I'm modifying to fit the band and a couple of other Garage Band pieces I've had kicking around or a while. And, while Spira was sleeping yesterday morning, I recorded an acapella piece I hope will turn into something.

9. Jennifer, the woman I've been corresponding with (she was one of the recent apartment candidates) wrote me this morning about feeling trapped (she's in an uncomfortable post divorce predicament).  It's been weird, because, on the one hand it appears she wants pursue a casual physical relationship with me (and if not me, I hope she pursues one with someone because after all the shit she's told me, she could use a good shagging) and on the other she seems caught up in a self-made web of negativity and folly. I'm not sure how involved I want to get.

10. Today, more music. I'll finish watching the excellent Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck documentary and maybe do some reading. I need a day to myself and today looks to be the day.

11. Bye, lovers.

No comments: