Monday, October 13, 2014

Makes it easy to make it hard, take an inch take a yard

I've been home for a couple of days. Spira has been feeling better but is still weak. Thursday was her worst day and the blood test results were still outstanding. She wasn't getting better and there were no answers. I was distracted all day at work with worry; I tried to keep balanced, but it wasn't happening for any length of time.

When I got Spira's place after work, she answered the door and two things were immediately evident: she was upright and she was smiling. She was feeling better. For the first time in well over a week she was feeling better. I hugged her; I couldn't believe it. As she told me about the sandwich she ate earlier, the first solid food she'd had in a while, I was misty with gratitude. She was still sick, but it didn't matter: she was feeling better.

We still don't know exactly what type of virus she has, but it's a real asshole. Test results from her blood work are still trickling in. In the meantime, Spira's health improves and and I thank the Universe on my knees. It was a rough ride.

--

Craig came up on Friday and we got dinner at Yoshi's and walked over to Anthony's on Highland to see the Red Telephone play. Saw some people I hadn't seen in years. A nice reunion. The band put on a good set and there was a lot of good cheer.

Afterward, Craig and I came back to my place for some smoke,listened to some music and talked. We hadn't hung out like that in a long time. The next morning, we went to Kelly's for breakfast. I got the special, which involved three eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. I'm not going to lie to you: I cleaned my plate despite having the feeling I wouldn't be able to. Every once in a while it's okay to overindulge. Clearly I didn't follow the Buddha's practice of stopping five bites before I felt full. Well, hold on, I never really felt full, so perhaps I followed the instructions to the letter. Oh, who knows.

Well, that's enough outta me for a bit. My tattoos continue to heal - almost there - and I think it's possible I'll have more work done sooner than later. We'll see. My yoga practice continues to grow and is more intuitive than ever. What else? Well, I'm listening to Badfinger and reading from Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche's The Myth of Freedom, King's 11/23/63, and Goldstein's Mindfulness. I'm close to wrapping up the last season of The Walking Dead and once I do I'll probably catch up with Boardwalk Empire. I don't watch much of anything these days, but when I do, I make it count, like a champ.

Bye

No comments: