Monday, July 15, 2013

And your'e a very sexy girl, who's very hard to please

After work there was an expansive yoga session in which I incorporated a new vinyasa flow I'm pretty sure I would not have been able to execute six months ago. So, if you're wondering whether I'm proud of myself, the answer is yes. But I'm not being cocky about it. Onward and upward we go; no time to bask in glory. Well, there is a little time. So I guess I will  bask a little.

Ever listen to Persian classical music? You should. It's what I'm doing right now. Actually, listen to what you want to. I'm not going to try and stop you. I'm just trying to impress you with my cool music choice is all.

 Went to see Mark's band up in NH over the weekend. Craig and I went up together ( A side note. Craig showed up to my place an hour earlier than his target time. That's right, an hour early! I'm still processing it). Up to Fody's we went and it was a real good time. A night thick with kinship.  Got to see Janelle and Michelle perform for the first time. They didn't sing too many songs, but they delivered like champs on the ones they did. Me=Proud.

People bought me drinks all night. Even when I tried to buy someone a beer (Craig, partly because I spilled a full beer all over his person) there was some Twilight Zone glitch and the bartender ended up not charging us for the beers. I felt merry all night and flirted with women (some interesting exchanges I'm not sure I should write about) and laughed and  slow danced with Becky to a mid tempo song, drank beers, howled, and felt the high vibration of life.

Getting to spend an evening with some of my favorite people on the planet, including Rebecca who I hardly ever see anymore (we shared a long hug), was beyond gratifying. We stayed until closing time and I didn't want to leave. I could have gone all night with that group. But we left (Craig was a champ and drove) and when I was dropped off and sitting at my desk realizing how heavily buzzed I was (Right at the door of drunkenness!), I thought over some of the evening's events and eased into a tranquil, appreciative state.

Alas, you rascals, I must leave you and attend to other matters. I might watch The Maltese Falcon (such a great film!) or 12 Angry Men (it will be my first viewing, which is hard to believe). Or I might go gorge myself on watermelon like a buffoon. We'll see


No comments: