Thursday, August 27, 2009

True colors fly in blue and black, bruised silken sky and burning flag

A brief post, and this is for you R.S. (I have indeed been slacking; thanks for the push). A brief post, even though I've got a myriad, a veritable plethora, of things to say. All of which will be given its due in my next post. Now? Now, I'm behind schedule and have little time to write.

Let's try something new and, depending on how drunk you are on the words I write, a little maddening. I'm thinking this post will be like a movie trailer, a teaser if you will. Are you on board, troops? Sir, yes, sir! Okay, then.

Teaser # 1:

Last night I was disowned by a friend. Some of you may be surprised by this,I know
kind of am, but this is a first for me. See, isn't that a good teaser? Isn't it maddening to know you'll have to wait to my next post for more details? Not really? Okay, but you have to admit that's a juicy teaser.

Teaser # 2:

Far less juicy, this. Went to see Ego and the Oracle play at The Burren. The place was packed from neck to nuts with nerds. Holy megabyte! Almost every other guy looked like Comic Book Guy. It was the first time in my illustrious life where I've been in a bar and felt assured I could beat up just about every one in the room. I don't suspect, unless some opens up a World of
Warcraft themed watering hole in my vicinity, or I begin frequenting gay bars that cater to the flaming, I'll ever feel that way again. After the show, when I was waiting for Mara to come out of the rest room, a thick bald guy,who I suspect worked there in some capacity, asked me if i saw a big guy causing trouble. I told him I hadn't and he told me that throughout the night, a big guy wasgoing around causing all sorts of trouble. I thought he was taking the piss out of me
because the room was packed to the gills with nerds -- not a one of them fit that bill-- and if someone was working the room in an aggressive, brutish, way, I'm prettysure I would have seen it. When I figured out the guy, who looked like a Marine withPTSD, was serious, I got a little weirded out. He asked me again about the big guy and, as I was telling him for the third or fourth time that I hadn't seen this thug, Mara came out of the bathroom and whisked me out of the bar. She asked me who the freaky guy was. I looked back and wondered if he indeed was the big guy he had been describing. Hmmm... Anyway, I guess I have to admit that there was one guy at the bar whose ass I wouldn't have been able to kick. You know what, though? He may have come in after the show which, if true, means there was a good bulk of time when I was the baddest ass in the room. I should have tested my theory and brought the ruckus. Ah, but I couldn't -- I am of pure heart, after all, and peace is my way.


Okay, I went longer than expected. And, into more detail. If I saw a movie trailer that spit out as much detail as I did in that last bit, I'd be pissed. Anyway, it's done. Whatever. Let's move on. At least I tried, right?

With what little time remains me before I go to sleep: lyrics, read from A Shadow In Summer, listen to The Crying Light On My Ipod.

There you have it.

No comments: