Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Eternally returning

I started writing about the political climate but there's little refuge from it. Why should I let it leak into this blog? As of right now, I declare this blog to be a haven from the ubiquitous buzz of civil unrest. It's entirely possible I'll change my mind in a future post, but such is the nature of my whims.

Moving on.

I forgot to take my contacts out. I'm typing in a semi-dark room lit only by my screen and a salt lamp on my bedside table. Veronica is asleep in our bed and Kikuchiyo is laying down on my side at its foot. I really don't want to go downstairs again but I'll have to. Not such a big problem, I know, but it's problem enough to turning my thoughts towards a prickly outcome. Ah, it will only take a minute or two, not a big deal. I guess.

Anyway

Short week. Tomorrow I'll head into the office for the last time this week. Thanksgiving is upon us. And so is Veronica's birthday, which falls on Black Friday, something she's thrilled about. Not for shopping reasons but because the color black is her best friend. You won't find another color other than gray in her wardrobe. We're going to have a few days of uninterrupted time together, something we're both desiring pretty strongly. Among other birthday related things, like going out to eat, we plan on watching a movie called Things I've been dying to see. It's basically one of the best worst movies ever, according to my sources and my eyes, which have seen enough clips from it to feel pretty confident it will be a worthwhile viewing. The dvd only cost approximately ten bucks so if it's shit, well, I've payed more for a crappy burger.

It's time for me to go back downstairs and take out my contacts. If I'm not back before the holiday, I hope yours is a special one.

Gobble gobble

No comments: