Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Year of The Cat

A quick update to this neglected, lonely blog. Sorry, folks, it's just what happens. Married life suits me well and it takes priority over things in my life I used to have more time for. So it goes.

Well, let's see....

I've had a rib injury (probably dislocated, maybe broken - who knows) for a week and I'm just now starting to feel the effects of healing. The injury was the result of our Krav Maga instructor, Alli, demonstrating a move that entailed placing his knee on my chest as I lay there. He exerted a bit more pressure than I think he intended to and pop goes the rib. It's okay, he's a real nice guy and I know he didn't mean it. Still, Veronica had moments afterward in which she felt the urge to give him a tongue lashing. She likes him, too, though, and never followed through. Good, because he felt pretty bad about the situation.

We started taking Krav Maga a few weeks ago. It is intense and we love it. And we dread it, too, but that's to be expected. We're learning how to defend ourselves and those in need. Krav Maga is brutal and swift and incorporates various martial arts. If we find ourselves in a tough situation, we'll be ready to handle ourselves in such a way that makes it so that our opponent(s) will regret their decision to mess with us. We're still green, though; we've got a while to go before we reach bad-assery.

Christmas looms. We'll be spending Christmas eve and early Christmas morning in Portsmouth with the inlaws and then go to my grandmothers and then go to my mom's house. It will be a long day and our little kitty, Kikuchiyo, will be all by his lonesome. We've got someone coming by to feed him and give him a little TLC while we're gone, but we still feel like bad parents leaving him like that.

V and I had our little Christmas last weekend. Our new 40" TV and blu-ray player arrived on Thursday and so did a few Christmas dvds we ordered. We didn't get to them all but we will at some point. We stayed in all weekend - I had to on account of the fact I could barely move - and ate good food and enjoyed each other's company. She's the love of my life and my best friend.

Alright, I've got to split. More soon, I hope.

No comments: