Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Gonna go where the bright lights and the big city meet

It's a beautiful day. It should hit 70 , which is welcomed and also somewhat disturbing considering it's early March. Global warming notwithstanding, I'm going to enjoy it. I hope it's this nice next week when V and I head out to Western MA for our long weekend getaway.

 (Nice segue, eh?)

We'd been looking for a while and finally found a place that had everything we're looking for. Air B&B saved the day. We're renting a place from a really nice couple in idyllic Beckett. It's a beautiful little house off the beaten path but close enough to diners and shops should we decide to venture out (we may, if only to go horseback riding and check out the Norman Rockwell museum). No neighbors in sight, no light pollution (o the stars!), and over an acre of land with a stream in the back yard. An introvert's utopia! We're excited and counting the days.
--
Tonight we're going to see The Witch. We'll walk into Davis Sq. with my vape pen in active use and the birds chirping in celebration of the warm weather. Spring in March is okay with me. After last winter, we've earned this.

V will pick up a laptop for my mom today (long story) and will probably pick one up for me since my PC has been dying a slow death for a while. It's nice being able to afford stuff these days. 

Okay, my sweet ragamuffins, it's off with me.






No comments: