Sunday, February 9, 2014

Nothing you can sing that can't be sung

A good weekend I suppose. I think I'll watch disc two of The Hobbit tonight. I don't watch movies that much anymore, nor do I read much fiction. Don't know exactly why that is, but it's not an alarming or anything. I'm rolling with it, ya dig? But, back to The Hobbit. I watched a bunch of disc one late last night and I was invested. So, I do still have an affinity for fiction. There is that.

I meditated for an hour today. It's not an easy, tranquil ride, meditation - sometimes it is, but not as much as one might think - but when I maintain a devoted practice, my life improves. I'm more centered; things still get to me, but it doesn't last long. And intuition plays a more pronounced role. For example, the other day I bought some groceries and at checkout, bags in hand, I found myself just standing there. Just as I began to question why I was loitering, the bagger handed me a bag. "You forgot one, sir", he said. So, yeah, that type of thing.

Spira and I went to her friend Ileana's reception last night. It was a good time. Ileana is a transplant from Mexico and her  photography was on display. I enjoyed her work. Kind of surreal, kind of normal. Shots of her pets and her interacting. Good stuff.

Alright, looks like I have to cut this post short. This site is acting very strangely and is preventing me from doing much. "You have logged out from another location. Do you want to log in again?" is the message that keeps popping up. I wonder if I'm being hacked.

Perhaps this is the last post ever. Perish the thought. I suspect Billy has something to do with this.


No comments: