Monday, March 19, 2012

Well, it's too bad that our friends can't be with us today

When I walked into the kitchen this morning, I was greeted with the sight of an expired mouse too slow for the trap that had broken its back. Hard to miss, the trap was placed in front of the coffee maker. I looked around. There were a couple of traps spread throughout the kitchen. And not covertly placed; these, if one wasn't watching where one was stepping would catch the wrong prey. As I wondered why Fred had laid the traps out in the open like that, he emerged from his room and told me the traps had caught six mice last night. A bounty! After success like that, I didn't bother questioning him why the traps were laid out in the open. I did ask him - gently, so I wouldn't raise his ire - why he had scalped the mice. He spoke of tradition and other things my mind couldn't handle. I blacked out. I have about six hours of missing time. WTF!

Sometimes I really can't wait to get off this insane planet. I was listening to NPR on the way home from work and a reporter was interviewing people about which Republican they were going to vote for. The responses reminded me why the world is in the shape that it's in. People were talking about voting for a candidate they did not like at all because a) they felt the candidate had the best shot at defeating Obama who they like even less and b) they had to vote for someone and that someone had to be in the Republican party. This is fucking insane! And, look, this is the whole system I'm talking about. Democrats, Republicans - all the same grifters to me. I can't buy into the illusion anymore. And then there's our media....

Enough! The less I keep these vile topics in my line of sight, the better off I'll be. I had a good day today, let's not sully it. I was busy at work, I did some grocery shopping, practiced yoga, ate an incredibly tasty and energy-blasting salad, watched an episode of 30 Rock, and hung a family of mice by their necks from a miniature gallows pole I made out of popsicle sticks.

A good day.

No comments: