Sunday, March 18, 2012

Life is a game but true love is a trophy

A lot of reading lately. The Biology of Belief, Autobiography Of A Yogi, and Genes, Giants, Monsters, And Men, which arrived in the mail yesterday, have been in heavy rotation. And I've been meditating and practicing yoga. My mind has been stretched considerably, and, as a consequence, my interactions with other humans, especially normal ones, have felt odd, out of sync. That is ok. I'm looking to go beyond the rote. Ran into a quote from Kafka that jived with me strongly.

"From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached."

Just need to establish momentum and I'll be alright. Am I making any sense? Like I said, my mind has been stretched. Maybe I need a hot oil massage. That sounds very appealing. Let's make it hap'n, Cap'n!

Earlier, I walked over to Yoshi's to pick up some sushi. Been a long time since I've eaten there. The weather was glorious and people were out and about. Spring is close and despite the very mild winter, I'm really looking forward to it. Today was a step in the right direction.

Guess what happens when you listen to Lisa Gerrard a lot? You tune into something esoteric and wonderful, that's what. Her voice is not of this world, which has complemented my mindset nicely.

Watched Norm McDonald's set of standup entitled, oddly enough, "Me Doing Standup". Fantastic! He's one of my favorite comedians. I laughed emphatically throughout. It's streaming on Netflix. Watch it.

The mice have become a problem. To clarify, they've finally become a problem for Fred, who up til now didn't seem bothered much by their presence. Today he told me he was going to pick up some traps. "I can hear them calling out to each other. They've been making a ton of noise." Fred's room is off the kitchen, where these critters hang out. He's at ground zero and, out of any of us, should be the most eager to rid the house of mice. He told me the other day he saw one on his bed. That would have been the proverbial straw for me. Anyway, he bought some traps, something I kept forgetting to do all week. Welcome aboard, Fred. I still think I'm going to buy some poison. We need a Shock And Awe campaign, I think, to show these fuckers we mean business.

What else? Oh, you want to know my grades for this past Thursday's NBC lineup.

30 Rock: A-

The Office: B

I don't watch Community, though I'm not against it, and Parks and Recreation wasn't on this week, so only two grades. Satisfied?

Work has been busy, which has meant increased hours. A step in the right direction, but I need to make some significant changes so I can be self sufficient. And I need to be creative about it.

That's all I've got.

You may now go in peace.

No comments: