Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Let's have a ball and take our sweet little time about it

Not the best day, but I've suffered worse. My day started with a $50 ticket on my windshield which led to obsessive thoughts about finances, my future, viable solutions, disastrous outcomes, the gamut. I settled down at some point and tried to direct my focus toward the positive. I did an ok job, but I still feel a bit tense. I need a back rub and a soft kiss on the lips. Where are you, lady?

Just finished Whitley Strieber's Solving The Communion Enigma. It was a quick read; It came in the mail on last Friday, I put it down last night. My grade: I'm not sure. It certainly wasn't as poetic and terrifying as Communion. That book, which I've been reading from concurrently, is one of my favorites. It's sequel, if that's indeed what it is, didn't grip me nearly as much. And it was frustrating having questions, often obvious, not addressed. In areas, the writing felt sloppy. Some of the ideas put forth seemed outlandish, ready to wilt under the scrutiny of logic's gaze.

Still, I can't say it was a bad book. While I wasn't as engaged as I was when I first read Communion, it was still compelling enough to occupy a good chunk of my free time this past weekend. And I have a suspicion that I will eventually consider the book to be a great one; right now, though I can't say that. So I won't.

Rachael, Janelle, and Pooch Edward Bottoms stopped by last night. A stellar lineup, to be sure. It was endless glee watching Pooch Edward go to town on Mike's toys. I would have done the same. Mike has a shitload of toys that he hardly plays with. A bounty, t'was.

Saw my parent's earlier tonight. Had been a couple of weeks since I saw them. It was a nice visit. They often are.

I think I need to meditate tonight. I've been off my game and feel the lack.

Yes, that's what I'll do.

No comments: