Tuesday, December 8, 2015

You walk, surrounded by the stars, for many days

Veronica's been away since the end of last week. She's teaching at Kripalu until Sunday. The separation has been  slightly more difficult for her than for me, I think, and that, I surmise, is because I'm at home and still immersed in the comfort of my usual routines while she's sleeping in a bunk bed away from hers. Still, being apart is a drag, particularly because we are recently engaged and are coming off a nice mini vacation.

Engaged? Well, look, I've been away from this blog for a spell and a bunch has happened, including getting engaged to Veronica. The best I can offer is some back story here and there, but it can't happen all at once. This bonnie lad does not have the time for that.

Our story, how we came to be engaged, has been told by us, together and apart, briefly and at length to a lot of people. It's been a trip and, consequently, I've been preoccupied with the whole thing, the changes that have come about. Without doubt, I have found my soul mate. We both knew it right away, before we met in person. Hell, we knew something was up before our first phone call! Afterward, I stood in my mother's bathroom for about twenty minutes in a dopey haze, wondering what had just happened.And days before we met I ended a post in this blog that conveyed I was on the precipice of some positive changes.

It was in the air.

Because our union took form so quickly and cohesively, it has had a surreal cast to it. We weren't sure how people would react, whether they'd think we were insane. Thankfully, most everyone has been supportive and happy for us (there's one sour apple, which is a bummer,but I'm not dwelling on it). In fact, a lot of people have nodded their heads and said things to the effect of "when it's right, things fall together quickly and effortlessly". Overall, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, but it's nice when what they think is favorable.

Alright, freaks, I've got an agenda for the night and it involves less blogging.

See ya!

No comments: