Wednesday, August 26, 2015

If I ain't dead already, girl you know the reason why

Within the last several minutes I've had some dealing with synchronicity. Perhaps because of Robert Anton Wilson. No, probably because of Robert Anton Wilson. Who is he? Well, real quick: He was an author, among other things, and wrote trippy novels about the Illuminati, the Occult - that sort of thing. He's been described as an occultist Tom Robbins. I'm just now starting to read his books, though I've interested in his works for years. Guess the timing was finally right.

I spent some time over the last couple of days researching which of his books I wanted to start with. It became a toss up between Masks of The Illuminati and The Illuminati Trilogy. The former caught my attention first. It's basically a detective novel with Einstein and James Joyce investigating the Illuminati with Aleister Crowley as the antagonist. Now if that doesn't scratch me where I itch, I don't know what does. I'm knee deep in Purdurabo, the excellent and comprehensive Crowley biography, so I'm already riding that frequency. I chose the Illuminati Trilogy in the end. It's widely considered his masterpiece and a lot less linear than MoTI, which, I've come to understand, is the case with most of his other books.

In the midst of my research I came across a customer review that warned readers of accompanying synchronicities. Fine with me, I thought. So here I am about fifty pages in the book. I began it last night. I think it's going to be a wild ride.

Back to tonight's bout of synchronicity. I was listening to a Duncan Trussell podcast. It had been well over a week since I last listened to one of his. He was in a conversation with Dr. Drew and the comedian Fred Stoller about the mind and brought up Robert Anton Wilson. I've been listening to his podcasts for a few years and don't recall a single reference to that man. There may well have been, of course, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I just started reading RAW last night and the very next day he's mentioned. Duncan described RAW's theory of reality, which is basically that we're in a simulation that allows us to experience limitation. And synchronicities, he said, were just the guys in the control room sending you winks, little reminders that you're actually one being and everything is a-ok.

Anyway


I have a special connection with the DT podcast. Whatever I seem to be going through at the time I listen to an episode is almost always addressed. We're on the same frequency, dude.


Alright, a frustrating day. Uncertain about a lot of things, but that's a big chunk of life, so it's not a huge deal. However, the type of uncertainty I'm feeling is the walking the razor's edge type, which is not a pleasant experience. It does offer hope and insight, which is always a gift. I feel like I'm on the brink of some changes. Good ones, I think, but what do I know.

No comments: